Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Back living with dad.

Well, for the most part I am moved in with my dad.

Yes, it's traumatic and exhausting. For both of us.

My dogs are here with me...and they love the place. They are already at home, and by my side in the bedroom chewing on rawhide treats as I write this.

I'm on my laptop for the moment. The rest of my supercomputing cluster will be operational in a day or two. I have closed the heating vents in anticipation, as the heat from the computers alone will keep the room plenty toasty.

It's another transition in my life. And for my dad.

He's been alone for a year since my mom died.

I've been living alone almost as long. (my daughter moved out a year ago).

The move was grueling. The mess at the old place is unbelievable, and I have a week's worth of work in getting remaining things out to here or to storage, and having some help cleaning it.

It was never a permanent home (my townhouse), but it was mine.

There will be things about it I miss.

But already, after a little over a day with my dad, I already know this was the right thing to do.

He's been eating frozen dinners every night.

Tonight, I made him a delicious fresh gourmet meal (I am an accomplished cook).

We worked together today clearing more things out of the townhouse. We talked. We shared. We sat down to meals together.

The dogs came to him and he enjoyed petting them and spending time. He's happy.

I'm happy.

I'm back in the same room I was in about 4 years ago when my ex-wife filed a restraining order to get me out of the house (in order to continue her affair with our neighbor and have me gone). I spent a year here back then.

It feels strange to be here again. But with my mom now gone a year, and things being what they are...it feels good.

I like having my dad here. He likes having me here.

We can share again. We can talk. We can be together, and we can be apart so as not to get on each other's nerves. (I have the upstairs loft).

Still, I wish the TV wasn't on as much as he has it.

There will be things that get on each others nerves.

But as a whole, this is all good.

I'm glad I'm here.

He won't be here forever. So, now... I want to spend that time with him.

I'm going to now be able to concentrate on the book, and getting things rolling once again.

There's no place like home.

And that place, is where the people you love,

Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment