Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Home for the Holidays.

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday.

It used to mean a lot. But, I am no longer a Christian, and I do not follow the ordained or organized religions. So, that meaning to me is no longer relevant.

But the holiday times used to be one of family. We'd all get together and feast. Talk. Laugh, and enjoy.

It seems as if that was another lifetime now.

My mom is gone more than two years. How I miss her. More than I can ever explain.

My dad has a girlfriend. He will be spending the holiday with her, her kids, and grandkids, at her immaculate, impossibly clean house.

I am sitting here in my father's (and formerly my mom's) house. It is a mess. And it is cluttered to the point that those house cleaning shows like "Hoarders" would have a seizure over if they saw it.

My ex has her own home, and lives with my son. She has a sort-a boyfriend that may be a part of her holiday celebrations.

My daughter has moved in with a friend, 3 states away.

So, I will do this.

I am cooking a great meal.

I will spend Easter with my mom.

She deserves to not be left alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment