Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Our fragile minds.

Our lives and experiences and everything we see and do is in there. It's inescapable.

And sometimes, it does things to us that we don't expect, can't anticipate, and sometimes...sends up reeling.

Yesterday I made one of my regular visits to the Forsythe refuge for my photography. As I made one loop around the refuge, I pulled back around near the headquarters building and gift shop. They have planted a new wildflower and native species garden just outside, and a lot of birds and butterflies seem to like it. So, I loop around there with the truck to see if there's anything interesting before heading back out into the refuge again.

A week before, I had a great friend come and stay with me for a few days. We had a fantastic time, and spent an entire day at the refuge. During that time, I decided to go into the gift shop, and get a really cool shirt for her (and one for me). They are shirts with pictures of either different shorebirds or raptors (birds of prey) that are seen in our area and at the refuge.

So, yesterday I though what a great gift one of those shirts would make for my mom....

And for that brief moment in time, she was alive again.

And then I realized that she was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment