Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Monday, February 28, 2011

Life in a Hurricane.

Today was filled with the building winds of change. That gathering storm.

All at once, I am planning on a new job, a new career. Getting things in order. Forms and documents, now to a point that only a DNA sample is missing from what they need to know from me.

At the same time, I am researching properties to rent, 100 miles from here.

I have boxes here. Clutter, and belongings. Never unpacked.

I have furniture sitting at the lake cabin, in the garage, frozen.

I am blasting ahead at warp speed. Trying to control the hurricane.

Life is on fast forward.

Getting ready to say goodbye to the refuge and my photography, at least as it has been, for now.

Getting ready to say goodbye to my father, with whom I have lived now for over a year.

Getting ready.

To say goodbye to all I have known.

My friends.

My family.

Swept up in the storm, the violent winds of change.

I have no other real choice.

And so few see it.

It is overwhelming. Life is moving so fast, I half expect to go back in time.

But that is what my life has been.

Fast, sudden, immense changes.

In order for me to live, survive, have a roof over my head, and a decent commute to work, I need to pull up stakes, and move. Quickly and efficiently.

And in that process, so much gets laid to waste.

I have never gotten anything without losing so much in the process.

This is no different.

But there is no choice here. I either do what I must, or I perish.

What I would give for a helping hand. What I would give, to have a partner by my side, helping me out, and supporting me through this tough time.

But as always.

I go it alone.

As I fear, it will forever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment