Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Saturday, June 19, 2010

What I want you to see.

In my work.

I want, more than anything...

For you to see life.

To see these creatures which have breathed new life into me...alive.

I want to convey them living and breathing and hunting.

Mating and courting.

Living their lives, and at times, even showing us thing we arrogantly assume that only we and a few primates are capable of.

Love and affection.

Devotion.

And playing, just for fun.

Birds have been here on this earth for more than 60 times longer than we have.

For us to believe that they are primitive or incapable of things we assign only to ourselves is arrogance of the worst kind.

If I accomplish anything in this life.

I want you to see.

I want you to feel.

I want you to believe and to get out there yourselves and marvel at these amazing creatures.

And connect with them.

There is much they can teach us.

1 comment:

  1. As further proof, take a look at this month's National Geographic. There is a section on "Birds that Decorate" You will be amazed at what they build and design. Amazed.

    ReplyDelete