Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Monday, October 25, 2010

News in the world of Bird Photography.

Which is what this blog should be about, really.

This week, I'll be displaying about 20 of my best photos at Celina's Mulberry Market & Grill, Sunrise Plaza, 68 W. Jimmie Leeds Road, Galloway, NJ (08205).

http://www.celinascafes.com/

The photos will be there for at least 6 months, I am guessing. If they want to keep me around longer, I'd be happy to mix things up and put up some new photos from time to time. I'm happy to be a part of their place. It's a new-age sort of cafe with an incredibly diverse menu. Everything from Hummus and Veggie wraps and Chai Tea to Corned Beef Reubens to Steak dinners. The clientele is from nearby Stockton State College, the medical center that is close by, and all of the doctors and professional offices around that location. It is also only 4.5 miles due west of the refuge where I do most of my shooting, so much of my work will be very relevant to the people in the area.

I've just been invited by The Lighthouse Center (NREF-NJ) to have a table for display at their upcoming "Autumn Adventure" day there. I'm always thrilled to be there. I've displayed on "Waterfowling Day" there in the Spring for the last 2 years.

http://www.experiencebarnegatbay.org/

Autumn Adventure Event Details:

December 4, 2010
Autumn Adventure & Volunteer Recognition
Join the EBB Board of Directors for the Annual Open Meeting and covered dish.

This year another very special attraction -- Bob Birdsall presents "People of the Pines" presentation and book signing.

In addition to all of that activity, I will be having a show of my photography during January and February at the Barnegat NJ Branch of the Ocean County Library. This year, I am teaming up with Nancee Jo Luciani, a good friend and premier bird and decoy carver. She will be displaying her incredible birds and some of her other artwork at the library along with my photographs.

http://theoceancountylibrary.org/branches/BGT/bgt.htm

All of this takes a lot of photographs and frames to accomplish. It's quite the challenge when you're broke and unemployed. But I am finding a way. And I am excited to be a part of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment