Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Sunday, October 31, 2010

They've all moved on...

My closest friends.

Years ago, we were tight. We were close. We spent time speaking with one another, and interacting as a group.

All very, very close.

Today, 5 years later, we barely speak. Yes, we still care. But the truth is, everyone has moved on.

Everyone except me.

My dearest friends.

I barely hear from them anymore at all.

They have their lives. They have their future. And as time went on, they moved on.

And I sit here with the message board I created for all of us to talk on, in private. And we became very close.

We leaned on each other and talked about the most personal and important things that we could not share, sometimes even with family or spouses or significant others.

I now look at that board once a day.

And there is nobody left. If there is one post every month, it's a lot.

And half of the those friends never post there at all anymore.

Obsolescence.

All of my friends have moved on. Either with new significant others, or with their husbands or wives. And they're very busy.

And I spend another night in this empty house. The ghost of my mother the only company. My father no longer lives here. He is with his new love.

And what I hear, every evening?

The sound of the computers and a fan that I have next to my bed.

Guess it's time to take the dogs out for the last time this evening.

And then head to bed.

I feel old and obsolete.

And I like somehow the entire world has moved ahead, and I was left behind in the same exact place.

It's like "Groundhog Day".

1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling...way too much. People move on, even ones that you would say would stay or support you always or ones you knew for almost all of your life...

    ReplyDelete