Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying

I'm unemployed.

Looking for a job still, one that I may actually be able to do, and survive. With no insane commute, no over the top pressure and stress.

I can't take that kind of thing anymore.

After 30 years of commuting, and well over a million miles, my body and my soul cannot withstand it anymore.

I've taken all sorts of hits. Some are because of the actions of others. Some are because of bad choices on my part.

I've lived inside of a bottle. I've known depression on a massive scale.

I've cried "woe is me" way too many times.

But I always seem to be able to somehow...pull myself up from my knees.

I don't have anything.

But I do have spirit. I do have a drive inside of me.

And I remember that line in "Shawshank Redemption", as told by Morgan Freeman's character.

So, while I am still sitting here, still unemployed. With obligations surrounding me. Pay the alimony. Pay the cell phone bill. Lets not forget the car insurance.

So, what am I going to do?

I'll tell you.

I am going to get busy living.

I am hopping a plane with a friend to spend 4 days in Florida and going to shoot at one of the most gorgeous wildlife refuges on the planet.

Yeah.

Gonna live.

No comments:

Post a Comment