Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Traveling the road with no destination.

Sitting here tonight, listening to my tunes (I love iTunes), just contemplating what's happening in my life.

I'm working hard on my website (http://www.avianphotography.com) and at the same time gathering all the high-res images for the book in the process.

I'm getting up early again tomorrow, for the 181st day in the last 15 months to head to the Forsythe refuge with my cameras.

I have no idea where this all leads me.

No idea if I will make it.

No hint of what is to come.

I just know that it's what I need to do, what I should do, what I love to do.

I have to believe that the best is yet to come.

But more importantly, I am taking the best of what I can experience and enjoy while I have the day.

Sometimes I think I should be spending all day long hawking recruiters for a job in IT.

I've sent out close to 100 applications in the last 6-7 months. Not so much as a phone call.

I don't really want to ever work in IT again, anyway.

I can't stomach another clueless suit masquerading as a manager.

I can't deal with more corporate bullshit or corporate-speak.

I won't be harvesting the low-hanging fruit. Or examining the economies of scale. I won't be exploring the synergies. Or working proactively. I won't be wasting my time doing worthless bullshit for worthless people in a worthless company.

I'll be living, breathing, loving my life and what I see, hear and capture with my cameras.

Even if I don't have a dollar to my name, or a future.

Because I live for today. Every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment