Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Vision

What makes me good at Nature Photography is my vision. Not my acuity, but my ability to see, to remember, to notice movement. To be aware of what fits and what doesn't. To react quickly.

But that "vision" I have also extends to my entire life and my memories.

I have, for lack of a better term, a "Photographic" memory. All the images of my life. Replete with the emotions I felt at the time, are always there.

I have to work very hard sometimes to not let them overcome me.

It's my strength in many ways. I can see so much. I can remember so much. But it's a curse.

I can't shake the memories I want to. I can't stop reliving the emotions. The heartaches, pain, loss and yearnings. The good times while in love and the romantic and wonderful times I've had.

I keep running. Harder and harder. Faster and faster.

Trying to burn them out of there. Trying to find the erase button.

I'm working so hard to forge a new life and make new memories.

But the past and all of the billions of images and feelings and moments won't go.

I do what I do to put distance behind me.

But every time I look in the rear-view mirror, there they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment