Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Saturday, November 13, 2010

My dreams..

Wind chimes that I have collected for years, now sitting in boxes, sing out in the forest.

My house is small but warm. A fire burns in the fireplace.

I look out the kitchen window to see what is happening at the pond this morning. Maybe some deer getting a drink, or just maybe, a Black Bear and cub.

The lake is just a short walk away. The sun is rising, and the fog is slowly burning off.

The bird feeders are alive with so many species. I could just sit here at the window and take photographs of all of them.

Chipmunks scurry around on the ground collecting fallen seeds.

The only sounds today are of the gentle wind rustling the leaves, the chimes, and the birds calling out in their morning exuberance.

And life is good.

I have fresh hot coffee to sip. A nice breakfast ready for the making. Maybe I will make an asparagus omelette this morning, with mushrooms and a nice cheese, and some whole grain toast, with Maple Cream.

And I will savor every moment.

In my dreams.

This is my life.

Yet to be.

And out of reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment