Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Standing at the crossroads.

Today, almost out of nowhere, a new job opportunity beckons for me. I nailed the phone interview. I have been invited to fly across the country to meet with the hiring manager and others.

It all looks very good, and very promising.

And I need it. Badly.

A great job. A good company. Something challenging, fun, right up my alley.

And in order to pursue it, means I have to leave my home state behind.

I have to leave my friends. The refuge I have grown to love.

And move 900 miles south of here.

If I get this job, it means a new life for me. Independence, a chance at a future.

And in the process, I have to say goodbye to close friends and the only home I have ever known.

I want someone to answer me this...

Why must I lose on such an enormous scale, in order to have what I need in order to survive?

When you have an answer for that, let me know.

This is bittersweet, as it always seems to be.

I have a great chance for a new job, and a future. A chance to pull up and out of this hell I now live in.

And for that chance, the cost is steep. Painful. And I have shed enough blood already.

But it is what it is.

Guess I have no other choice.

Full speed ahead, and damn the torpedoes.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is wish you good luck with the job. It is too bad you would have to leave it all behind, but I don't think you can't return back. Maybe it won't be as often as you would want though. I really don't know what else to say though. Sadly it seems like that at life, there are always loses if you have to decide for something, I had it too and sometimes really bad choices I wish I didn't make.

    Btw did you receive the email message I sent two days ago or so? I mentioned it at another comment, but I need to know if you received that one or not, it might have been a bit confusing to read though, but I have other things I would like to talk about through email.

    ReplyDelete