Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ramblings and Commentary.

Things I hate the very most..

Someone being condescending toward me or looking down upon me. That ranks up at the very top of what makes me recoil. Fastest way to lose my friendship. Permanently.

Being abused. Spent too many years in hell to ever tolerate that again in any form. Mental, emotional, and especially physical.

Politics and Politicians - They make no positive difference in our lives. They exist to serve themselves. They are (with extremely rare exception) all liars and pretenders, fakes and frauds. The Founding Fathers of this country would not recognize this country today, and they would hang their heads in disgust if they could see it.

Television, Talk Radio, and the mass media. It's all noise. It's all worthless, stress inducing noise. I tuned it all out years ago. Don't miss it, at all. Does anyone really think it makes a positive difference in their life? Wouldn't you rather be taking a walk in the woods, or exploring a tidal salt marsh, or spending time with loved ones and friends?

Things that I love...

Being at the cabin and the lake. There is nowhere else that I can feel at peace and at home. That is, when the Jet Skis and Power Boats are not roaring across the lake all day.

A fine cooked meal, prepared by me. I love to cook, and I love to share my meal with a good friend. There is nothing nicer than good food, and good conversation with friends.

My photography, and being out in nature. This was and is the godsend that saved my life. Were it not for this, I would not have survived the last 3 years.

My mother. God how I miss her so.

My dad. Happy to still have him with me after his open heart surgery.

My friends. Although I rarely get to see many of you, and so many of you I have never even met in person...you are my lifeline. And you bring me incredible joy. I hope that I do the same for you.

The National Rifle Association. They have their faults, but no other organization has protected our rights to protect ourselves, and to uphold the constitution, better or more tenaciously than they have. Once we allow our government to disarm us, we are like cattle waiting for the inevitable slaughter. Either by criminals, or by our own government, someday. Our Founders knew this. Shame that so many are so woefully ignorant of it. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. I'd much rather have the means to defend myself and my loved ones, and never need it, than to face a violent criminal or a tyrannical government without it.

My dogs. Fox and Dana. The most charming and wonderful friends. I love them so dearly. Having raised them since little pups, they are with me now over 9 years.

Things I have learned in my long and difficult life:

The people you trust the most can betray you.

The people you think you can trust need to earn it.

When you think you've endured the very worst, something worse can and often does happen.

When you are on your knees, the world looks much different.

That to never quit may mean you still have to surrender.

That you should never give up your dreams. For without them, life is existence, and not the journey you should be taking.

That you can lose it all, and still live.

That true friends will show you compassion and understanding. Not try to tell you that in order to be happy and successful you need to live as they do.

Things I hope for:

Love and affection.

A home with a roof over my head, that I can call my own.

A career that allows me to do what I love.

A life where the amount of pain and loss are less than the amount of joy and peace.

Time.

My Promise to myself:

I have been told. That for me to pursue what I love, my photography...is a pipe dream. That nobody gets to do what they love. They compromise. They take a good job, doing what they can to pay the bills. They then pursue their "hobby" and try to enjoy what they can, on the side.

Here is my promise.

For over 40 years, I have been told by countless people that I have tremendous potential and ability.

So here's the deal.

I AM going to make it doing what I love. And I am that good at it.

I intend to do something I love for the days I have left here.

No matter how many more of them their are.

1 comment:

  1. My comment seems to be too long to request, I will try to email you that instead, but I agree with your list mostly, except that there are more things I hate, especially the arrogance and ignorance of some people, more in the email, if you will receive it hopefuly.

    ReplyDelete