Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Friday, August 6, 2010

Erasing the past is impossible. But I try.

I have spent a number of days now at "Butterfly Lane" shooting pics of the gorgeous insects that always seem to be there.

And a dozen years ago, my ex-wife and my young children were there with me.

And every time I see that familiar place, their memories come at me like a tsunami.

I walk up and down the road by that hillside looking for Orange Sulphurs, and Great Spangled Fritillaries.

And I see the faces of my children.

And of my former wife.

And I try, with all I have to swat those memories from my head.

But I can't.

It is like walking in some alternate reality.

Someone, somewhere, ripped me from my world and put me in this alternate universe.

I walk the same paths. Travel the same roads.

Yet everything from that life I knew is gone.

But it haunts me.

It pulls at me.

It kills me.

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting that I feel just the same....I looked at very old photos with me at this place, my childhood and stuff...it isn't even me there..it feels odd to look at it and also, my photos from the trip to Egypt were lost it seems, all the beatiful photos with me visiting the temples, the only time I ever got out of country, now it seems like a forgotten dream, the photos were lost...just like that, because of stupidity of my family. I don't know where they are, I looked everywhere, they are simply not here....
    The only photos that really did hold some real value for me..and they are all lost, only remain in my memory.
    It all really feels like an alternate reality.

    ReplyDelete