Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Lake I Used to Know.

Is gone.

In it's place are assholes with Jet Skis and Power Boats.

Tearing up the water, all day long, every day, all Summer long. The more power, the better it seems.

Yelling and screaming and having fun. Showboating. Racing around.

On a lake the size of a puddle.

Does nobody anymore cherish the beauty and the quiet sounds of nature and the outdoors?

Or does everyone need MORE EXCITEMENT. More power. More FUN!!!

Yippee!, Lets water-ski! Lets race on our monster Jet Skis! Lets be assholes!!

I sit at this lake and in my cabin now and hear MORE noise than I do in the home I live in, in New Jersey.

The roar of motors. Droning on, all day long. Constant. And it is almost all I hear.

When I was a child, coming to this same place, what I saw was so different.

The old timers were out in rowboats in the morning and late day with their fishing rods. A few people sailed in small boats, enjoying the wind.

But over time, the fucking morons from NYC and North Jersey purchased the lots and summer homes here. And what they love...is NOISE. Lots of NOISE.

Grossly overpowered boats. Enormous Jet Ski's that could hit 50mph or more.

On a lake that is BARELY ONE THIRD OF A MILE LONG.

So, it is incessant. All summer long what I have here, in the beautiful mountains of NY State, is the equivalent of Six Flags Theme Park in New Jersey. An arcade.

And what fucking irks me more than anything, is that it is ONLY THOSE people who get to enjoy the lake.

The rest of us. Those who prefer Walden Pond to Disney World, cannot enjoy what we once had.

And these people who love their power boats and Jet Skis...they don't even care about the nature or wildlife here. They like "the view". They have created a playground for idiots and fucking morons where once the beauty of nature and the sound of the wind were all there was.

If they could find a way to pave some of the land around here and race on it with overpowered Go-Carts, I am sure they would.

And lets not forget those wonderful young people with their ATVs. Riding them down the trails and through the woods. The sounds of their motors whining and roaring through the hills.

Ahhh. Nature. The great outdoors! Lets SHIT all over it, why don't we?

It is the law of nature, sadly. Human Nature. Those with power, win. Those with the horsepower, the engines, the loud, obnoxious boats. They win. They rule.

And all of us lose.

1 comment:

  1. I can't disagree really. I am fed up with humanity lately, they are all indocrinated selfish assholes after all...
    But it is the society to teach them to be like that, to not care about others, not care about surroundings...I am really sick of it...
    I wanted to post a blog myself but I got tired, didn't finish the post and I don't really like google either, so they would then feel the need to censor me or something, if I will post it I will post my thoughts at a webspace my friend gave me anyway..and not use blogspot, I got really pissed off when I created the blog to find out that google suggests me to make money out of ads....ughh...of course I could do that, but it goes against my ways....

    ReplyDelete