Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding

Forsters Tern Courtship Feeding
The male Forsters Tern offers a fish to his mate

Friday, December 3, 2010

The Mirror.

I get up every morning, unable to fool myself.

I used to dye my hair, and my mustache and beard. Until I became allergic to hair dye products.

So I let it go gray.

I used to be heavier, and I also used to work out all the time.

I lost weight, which is good for me. Down 45 lbs. But I also lost muscle tone and mass in the process.

I see these huge bags under my eyes. New wrinkles. Gray hair.

And I feel my age.

And I can see the miles.

The mirror does not lie.

I am trying hard to embrace this part of my life.

But what I mostly see?

That I am aging. That I am old.

My mind is sharp, and I can still get around with the cameras like a young man.

Climbing the jetty at Barnegat Light, getting up early and spending 13 or more hours in the field.

But it's clear.

This world is for the young. The beautiful.

Neither of which am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment